My “Red Pill in Fiction” series of posts reliably gets more Likes than any other kind of post. Here’s an index to this series of posts, in chronological order; I’ll update as appropriate. A good entry point might be the Suddenly Royal one.
1. The Inverse Bechdel Test
2. Jerks, Nice Guys, and Female Self-Awareness: An Example
3. Red Pill in Fiction: Harry Potter edition
4. Red Pill in Fiction, part like, whatever
5. Red Pill in Fiction: Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell
6. Red Pill in Fiction: Bridget Jones’s Diary
7. Red Pill in Fiction: Every Rose Has Its Thorn
8. Red Pill in Fiction: Oh My Freakin’ God Edition: Suddenly Royal
9. Red Pill in Fiction: The French Lieutenant’s Woman
10. Red Pill in Fiction, Classics Edition: Gone with the Wind
11. Red Pill in Fiction: Red Pill Romance
12. Red Pill in Fiction, 200-Proof Edition: Nancy Werlin’s Impossible
13. Red Pill in Fiction: The Other Boleyn Girl
14. Red Pill in Fiction: Grossman’s Magicians series
15. Red Pill in Fiction: Kelley Armstrong’s Driven
16. Red Pill in Fiction, Reverse Edition: Heinlein’s Friday
17. Red Pill In Fiction: Justina Robson’s Keeping It Real
18. Red Pill In Fiction: The Maltese Falcon
19. Blue Pill In Fiction: The Republic of Thieves, Part 1
20. Blue Pill In Fiction: The Republic of Thieves, Part 2
21. Red Pill In Fiction: Cheesy Romance Novel Covers
22. Red Pill In Fiction: This n That
23. Red Pill In Fiction: The Best Red Pill Scene I’ve Ever Seen in a Movie
24. Red Pill in Fiction: Witches of East End, by Melissa de la Cruz
LOL. In this thread about movies that pass a reverse Bechdel test, Banksiman’s comment is fuckin hilarious:
1. Are there at least two male characters with names?
i. Kyle Reese ii. Does ‘Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 Terminator with living tissue over a metal endoskeleton’ count as a name? There are bit-part cops named, but wouldn’t count that more than a nametag.
2. Do they have a minute of conversation with each other in the movie?
3. Is the conversation about something other than women?
Its all Sarah Connor this, Sarah Connor that …
A much better chick flick would have had lines like ‘Cyberdine … , you look sad. What’s wrong? If Kyle can’t see beyond the living tissue over the metal endoskeleton he’ll never know the real you, and then its him you should feel sorry for.’