1) You have gotta be fucking kidding me. National Review took money from Google. Maybe is still doing so.
Well, that explains a lot.
2) George Soros demonstrates that psychopaths can’t think like normal people. In particular, they can’t seem to process what a normal person finds desirable and not desirable.
In an essay at MarketWatch Soros writes,
“Europe is sleepwalking into oblivion, and the people of Europe need to wake up before it is too late. If they don’t, the European Union will go the way of the Soviet Union in 1991.”
As if anyone is going to be like, “Oh no! We all miss the USSR so much!” Severe rhetoric fail.
3) Oh my freakin God, how bad is sex advice from women?
What is that elusive, secret switch you can flick to turn women on? I wonder whether you men suspect we women have one, whether we’re all in a giant conspiracy to hide it from you, sort of like Samson and Delilah in reverse.
If I could share any secret with you, it would be this: we women don’t actually know what that switch is either. …[But] let me give you a few thoughts that will at least send you in the right direction.
1. Tell Your Wife She’s Beautiful [in other words, “Act beta.”]
2. Touch Her Without Expecting It to Go Anywhere [“Act beta.”]
3. Don’t Increase Her Exhaustion [She elaborates: “If you want more sex, then go out of your way to make sure your wife isn’t exhausted. Pick up a mop. Put the kids in bed.” In other words, “Act beta.” Meanwhile, back in RealityLand, Heartiste once cited a study that showed that couples in which the men did a lot of housework had less sex. The actual cure for your wife’s “exhaustion”: If you act more alpha, you’ll find that she mysteriously feels well energized when sexytime rolls around.]
4. Talk to Her [As long as what you’re saying is, “Put on those four-inch spike heels that I like.”]
5. Figure Out What Feels Good to Her [“Act beta.”]
6. Trash the Porn
7. Clean Is Sexy
8. Love Her Anyway [“Act beta.”]
4) This year is the 100th anniversary of Kipling’s “Gods of the Copybook Headings.”
5) March 2, 2019: President Trump says he’ll sign executive order for free speech on college campuses. Sweeeeeeet!
President Trump announced Saturday he intends to sign an executive order mandating colleges and universities take steps to guarantee free speech to attain federal research grants.
“We reject oppressive speech codes, censorship, political correctness and every other attempt by the hard left to stop people from challenging ridiculous and dangerous ideas. These ideas are dangerous,” Trump said. “Instead we believe in free speech, including online and including on campus.”
“Today I’m proud to announce that I will be very soon signing an executive order requiring colleges and universities to support free speech if they want federal research grants.”
6) Meta stuff:
• Edited the About page.
• Took Eric Raymond off my blogroll and replaced it with Setting the Record Straight: https://aidanmaclear.wordpress.com/